The project is located 8 km from the town of Sutton within the Yass Valley Council in New South Wales and is bounded on the south by Tallagandra Lane and by agricultural land on the other sides.
The solar project is sited on approximately 190 hectares (470 acres) of farmland which is currently used for cattle grazing.
Why at Sutton?
- Close proximity to the grid network (132kV) with available capacity
- Good transport access with minimal impact on local roads
- Excellent exposure to Australia’s world-class solar resource
- Developmental areas not within a flood area
- Low environmental impacts- the site has minimal tree and shrub coverage and has been historically intensively farmed
- Topography and terrain that meets our requirements
- Available land not classified as having high-quality soil suitable for high levels of crop production, without irrigation infrastructure.